How Meditation Can Transform Your Sex Life
Say what you will about meditation, but those who regularly practice swear by its ability to improve their sex lives. At Jack and Jill, we’re big advocates of having good—make that great—sex. And with the mind/body connection feeling stronger than ever throughout our hectic daily lives, we think meditating for sexual health is a brilliant idea.
How Meditation Improves Your Sex Life
1. Meditation connects you to the present. A partner who can’t get aroused or get off might blame work-related stress. Rather than write it off as an excuse, understand how stress can manifest physically. It also can interfere with the ability to quiet your mind and enjoy sex. Taking 5-10 minutes per day to clear your head will allow for a momentary hold on those overwhelming thoughts.
2. Mediation can give you self-confidence. Striving to live life as the best version of ourselves gives us confidence that we are enough—in both body and soul. It can be an incredibly useful practice for people who have body-image issues as it will allow them to redirect negative energy toward the attributes that make them unique and sexy. When you feel good in your own skin, great sex naturally follows.
3. Meditation destroys the ego. When you achieve a higher state of consciousness through mindfulness, you’re less focused on your own problems and insecurities. This can translate to a keener focus on your partner—an act of awareness that hopefully will be reciprocated. When both partners are simultaneously putting the other’s sexual needs before their own in the moment, mind-blowing sex is no longer a goal, it’s a given.
How to Meditate
Meditation can feel difficult and frustrating to the novice, which is why many people don’t dedicate ample time to the practice. Stick with the following techniques for at least one month to experience a noticeable change in your sex life.
1. Designate a specific time of day. It’s best to practice first thing in the morning to set the tone for your day, but there’s a never a bad time for mindfulness.
2. Sit in a comfortable position with your palms resting softly on your knees.
3. Breathe deeply and focus on each inhale and exhale. Try to find a natural rhythm.
4. When your mind starts to wander, bring the focus back to your breath. If you have difficulty, simply allow your thoughts to go where they may. Resistance is one of the biggest pitfalls of the practice.
Jack and Jill
At Jack and Jill’s adult store, we know that some of our products can also help you relax and enter a great meditative state. We recommend the following:
We understand that adopting the simple exercise of meditation for a few minutes per day can add up to a lifetime of better sex. For guided meditation, try an app like Calm and turn your “Om” into “Oh my God!”