How Do I Get Confident about My Body in the Bedroom?
Everyone wants to look good naked, but when you’re not exactly feeling sexy yourself, it can be hard to fake enthusiasm in the bedroom. You don’t have to have a perfect body to feel sexy though; in fact, perfection is a façade.
Your partner won’t notice whatever flaws you think you have; if they do, then maybe they’re not worth your time. Life’s too short to be with someone who doesn’t worship you.
As for your own mental well-being, heed the following tips for gaining and maintaining confidence in the bedroom.
1. Ever heard the saying, “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have?” Same thing applies to sex. Put in the extra effort by wearing sexy lingerie. Spending a little extra time on your makeup and outfit can do wonders for your self-esteem and confidence.
2. Start each day with a positive affirmation. It sounds cheesy, but it works. Whether you decide to meditate or simply take a moment to look yourself in the eye and remind yourself of the badass you are, what starts as a practice in confidence boosting will soon become second nature. Manifest it!
3. Tease him or her throughout the night by going to a bar or club in a mini dress. Sexy dresses are ultra-feminine not to mention empowering. While you turn heads, your partner will ultimately know who you’re going home with. Huge turn on!
4. Fake it ‘til you make it! If you don’t feel 100% when stripped down, don’t beat yourself up. There’s a lot of pressure on women (and men) to look and feel good 24/7. Just remember one thing: don’t talk badly about yourself—not once. Let your love talk dirty to you and believe it.
5. Start working out and cleaning up your diet. This isn’t simply for vanity, but your mental and physical health. Work up a sweat and get those endorphins going—you can’t help but feel like a badass after building some muscle at the gym. Chip away at the things you can change: upper arm fat, a bloated belly—and your sex life will take of itself. Besides, the stronger you are, the easier sexual positions become.
6. Get down and dirty in better lighting. Ditch the notion that you will only be comfortable in the dark. Your partner wants to see you—all of you! Light a candle or turn a soft lamp on to accentuate your curves and set the mood.
Jack and Jill
At Jack and Jill, we’re all about embracing your beautiful, authentic self. If you need new sexy dresses, stripper boots, or fetishwear, we can help. Do you find the mood often strikes when you’re in PJs and no makeup? You’re just as beautiful. Own it. Believe it. The hottest sex stems from self-confidence!