Anal Beads or Butt Plugs
Like all sex toys, anal toys come in a variety of sizes and features. Don’t feel overwhelmed by your options; shop with confidence by following our comprehensive guide to anal beads and butt plugs. Know the difference and what makes each toy unique as you explore how to get the best orgasms from anal sex.
Butt plugs are a great introduction to anal as they help to stretch the anus and prime it for insertion. They also can be worn during intercourse or for several hours at a time for the feeling of fullness.
The most common types of butt plugs are:
- Traditional plugs with a flanged base made from silicone, rubber or metal. They resemble an ace of spades in shape—smaller at the tip for easy insertion with an increase in width toward the bottom.
- Decorative plugs like the Booty Bling Small Black Plug. They’re fashioned after traditional plugs only they include an extra special touch at the base (jewels, animal tails, etc.) for a sexy visual once inserted.
- Multiple plugs as part of an anal trainer kit. Trainers allow you to slowly adjust to the feeling of an insertable before advancing to the next largest size in the kit.
- Anal plugs with pumps for easy expansion once the toy is inside. The Colt XXL Pumper Plug inflates to your level of comfort and features a quick-release valve.
Anal beads are great for beginners as they’re typically smaller in individual size. To insert anal beads, relax the sphincter, apply lube and pop them in one by one.
Anal beads fall under three categories of toys:
- Traditional beads, which are flexible and progressive in size. They may be connected by nylon or string (designed only for a few uses) or comprised of jelly-like material such as the X 10 Beads.
- Stalk beads, which are more closely connected by the same material. Much like the flared base of a butt plug, anal beads always should include a handle for easy removal.
- Vibrating anal toys like Vibrating Progressive Beads add a whole new level of intensity during climax. Give it a gentle tug just before an orgasm for a double release unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Using household items or non-flared dildos is a sure-fire way to end up in the hospital as your sphincter muscles can contract and suck the item up into your rectum. Remember to apply a generous amount of lube to your anus and the toy for easy insertion and greater intensity. Beyond that, there are no rules to enjoying your butt plug or anal beads from Jack and Jill. Relax and enjoy!